When you talk about peace, justice, and ecological sustainability, can everyone hear you?
Learn to 'speak American' here:
The Metaphor Project [MP] offers many free resources on this site for communicating our political messages. Find out how to use language that evokes progressive American values, when you tell your own story! Please scroll down for more about our 'American Political Framing' resources and services.
On the way you'll see our Current Metaphor Project News section with information about our book, MOVE OUR MESSAGE: HOW TO GET AMERICA'S EAR, plus links for our 2014-2015 calendar, results, video/audio online, and our most recent web essays and blog posts. Use the RESOURCES link above to see the American Political Framing Steps, Tools, Examples, and much more.
For an introduction to metaphor, framing, and American Political Framing or 'speaking American,' please see the links on the left in the side panel.
Subscribe to get our free blog posts on ways to frame topics of the day; join our free national and international Metaphor Project Network in forwarding our framing suggestions to your own lists!
More Ways to Learn 'Speaking American':
Founder and Executive Director Susan C. Strong also offers talks, workshops and coaching about framing issues of the day and how to 'speak American.' See: Services and Publications.
Follow Susan on Twitter @SusanCStrong, Facebook (Susan C. Strong) on OpEdNews (Susan C. Strong) and the Daily Kos (SusanCStrong). When she's not writing blogs, she tweets. You can see her latest tweets on Facebook too. The links for our OpEdNews and Daily Kos bog pages are available in the Articles section below.
VIP News: On January 9, 2015, Susan C. Strong will be giving a TEDx talk at the Vilar Center, in Beaver Creek, CO. More details tba. We hope to launch the new version of our website well before that, late this fall!
MORE VIP News re our 'Gun Safety' Frame : This 2012 MP frame is still very much alive and growing: former New York mayor Bloomberg just renamed his anti-gun violence organization Everytown for Gun Safety.
1. We have a new page on this site: What People Say about The Metaphor Project
2. We're hard at work creating our new web site! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org about what you think this site needs to become!
3. Many changes to the current site are happening right now, as we update, correct, move, revise, or recombine pages in preparation for moving to a new site. This process is ongoing; if the page you are on acts up, that's probably because we're revising it right then! Please rely on the sitemap or nav dropdown boxes to find pages. The editing process has broken some internal links, and upgraded pages may still be listed in older forms in the left column.
4. The e-book version of Move Our Message: How to Get America's Ear is available in Kindle now, with a new chapter. To get an advance look, try the 'look inside' feature on our Amazon page for the book. Our book is the most up-to-date & accessible way to learn American Political Framing.
Tell Congress and Mr. Obama to 'just say no' to 'boots on the ground' in #Iraq! That way the most powerful negative is part of a phrase with added meaning--war addiction!
Current Metaphor Project News:
1. Our book, Move Our Message: How to Get America's Ear, is available in both paperback and e-book format now. Donald Goldmacher, producer of Heist: Who Stole the American Dream, says 'Move Our Message' is the framing/messaging handbook for organizers. . .Try it, you'll love it.' Click Move Our Message: How to Get America's Ear to see what many other people also say about the book.
The first section of the book will help you, your colleages, and friends understand better what 'American Political Framing' is and why it works. Part II contains a wealth of 'speaking American' examples. Part III is the 'how to section.' It includes the most up-to-date versions of all our Metaphor Project tools, methods, and resources, plus brand new chapters.
For more information about where to get the book, see Ways to Get the Book.
2. See our 2014 - 2015 Calendar by clicking Our 2014-2015 Calendar so far. See Metaphor Project News and Groups Served for other reports of previous activities. To see or hear Susan C. Strong talk about American Political Framing, click Metaphor Project Video and Audio.
A Watershed Metaphor for These Times 11.22.14
Framing a “Why vote?” Message 10.17.14
Faming Climate Change Action Now: Advice, Slogans, & the Necessity Frame: see http://www.dailykos.com/user/SusanCStrong 9.11.14
Stopping the Mega-Corp Coup 8.31.14
Recent: Say “Let’s get to climate safety fast!” 4.26.14
National Security: Going “Up” or “Down?” 3.07.14
Say: “'True' Public Safety Means Prevention!” 7.20.13
Say: “Make Social Security Fair.” 4.28.13
Tell the Media Again: Say “Safety,” not “Control!” 2.01.13
Counter-frame the Economy! Three Ways to Avoid Their Words 11.02.12
To see recent articles in a timeline with comment capability, please check the following links: