When you talk about peace, justice, and ecological sustainability, can everyone hear you?
The Metaphor Project [MP] offers many free resources on this site for communicating our political messages. Find out how to use language that evokes progressive American values, when you tell your own story!
Scroll down for more about our American Framing resources and services, or use the RESOURCES link above.
For an introduction to metaphor, framing, and American Framing or 'speaking American,' see the links on the left in the side panel.
If you scroll down, on the way you'll also see our 2013 Metaphor Project News section with more information about our book, MOVE OUR MESSAGE: HOW TO GET AMERICA'S EAR, now in e-book too, plus links for our 2013-2014 calendar, our video/audio online, and our most recent web essays and blog entries.
Susan C. Strong also offers talks, workshops and coaching about framing issues of the day and how to 'speak American.' See: Services and Publications.
Subscribe to get our free posts on ways to frame topics of the day. Join our free national and international Metaphor Project Network in forwarding our framing suggestions to your own lists!
Follow us on Twitter @SusanCStrong, on OpEdNews (Susan C. Strong) and the Daily Kos (SusanCStrong). See the links for our OpEdNews and Daily Kos pages in the Articles section below.
1. We have a new page on this site: What People Say about The Metaphor Project
2. We're planning our new web site redesign! Contact us at email@example.com about what you think this site needs!
3. The e-book version of Move Our Message: How to Get America's Ear is available in Kindle now, with a new chapter. To get an advance look, try the 'look inside' feature on our Amazon page for the book. Our book is the most up-to-date & accessible way to learn American Framing
VIP frames: Say 'carbon fee' and carbon fee 'rebate,' not carbon tax or dividend!
2013 Metaphor Project News:
1. Our book, Move Our Message: How to Get America's Ear, is available in both paperback and e-book format now. Donald Goldmacher, producer of Heist: Who Stole the American Dream, says 'Move Our Message' is the framing/messaging handbook for organizers. . .Try it, you'll love it.' Click Move Our Message: How to Get America's Ear for more information about the book: what's on the back cover, the table of contents, new reader comments, reviews, and our press release.
The first section of the book will help you, your colleages, and friends understand better what 'American Framing' is and why it works. Part II contains a wealth of 'speaking American' examples. Part III is the 'how to section.' It includes the most up-to-date versions of all our Metaphor Project tools, methods, and resources, plus brand new chapters.
For more information about where to get the book, see Six Ways to Get the Book.
2. See our 2013 - 2014 Calendar by clicking Our 2013-2014 Calendar so far. See Metaphor Project News and Groups Served for a report of our 2012 activities.
Metaphor Project Video and Audio
AUDIO RECORD ONLINE: American Framing Workshop for 350bayarea.org on divestment. Search online for 'Susan Strong + 350bayarea.org' and select 'Audio Recordings and Notes from Metaphor Project Training.'
PODCAST: Occupy Radio, on 'Speaking American,' http://occupythemedia.podomatic.com/entry/2013-10-12T00_25_52-07_00
TELECONFERENCE: Intro to American Framing re the Economy
VIDEO: Talk at the Mt. Diablo Peace and Justice Center, Walnut Creek, CA, filmed by Sergio Lub: http://vimeo.com/47145456
VIDEO: Talk with activists, Eugene, Oregon http://youtu.be/-BTTSyDE-68
VIDEO: TV Interview on Eugene, OR Community TV 29, with Joe Tyndall, of Occupy Eugene: http://youtu.be/dInmfUxwgkI
PODCAST: TV Interview on Eugene, OR Community TV 29, with Joe Tyndall, of Occupy Eugene: http://occupymedia.libsyn.com/webpage/the-metaphor-project-with-susan-strong
New: National Security: Going “Up” or “Down?” 3.07.14
Say: “'True' Public Safety Means Prevention!” 7.20.13
Say: “Make Social Security Fair.” 4.28.13
Tell the Media Again: Say “Safety,” not “Control!” 2.01.13
Counter-frame the Economy! Three Ways to Avoid Their Words 11.02.12
To see recent articles in a timeline with comment capability, please check the following links:
All site contents © 2001 – 2014 Susan C. Strong